What can $258 get you on Microsoft Ads promoting ClickBank products? Watch behind my shoulder and find out in this case study and optimization tutorial.
I show you guys how much we made with $258 in ad spend, my exact landing page used, ads, keywords, extensions, you name it!
So keep on reading or watch the following video:
ALSO – MAKE SURE TO STAY AND WATCH THE ENTIRE VIDEO TO SEE UPDATED OPTIMIZATION RESULTS!
Let’s go over it all in this ClickBank case study and tutorial optimization video.
Part 1: Results of the initial case study
I show you the results of the case study first – we made about $150 and spent about $225.
Not the ideal result, however this is incredible given that we didn’t do any optimization to the campaign yet.
This means that there is demand for our product, so we just have to take action on the data that we gathered and improve it all the time.
We’ll get into optimization later on in this video, but you want to look at winning keywords, querystrings, devices, networks, etc… and put more focus on the winning variables and take out the losing variables.
Most of the campaigns you begin with will not be profitable and that’s OK – just keep on going and improving.
Part 2: Landing page overview
The landing page I used is pretty much the exact same landing page we created in our earlier video on how to promote affiliate products on Google Ads without a landing page.
You can see that article here:
I did make a few changes though.
I used the same background the actual sales page uses, and I used the same testimonials they are using.
I did ask for permission from the vendor before doing this, and whenever you are taking anything from the vendor’s page, you should always ask unless the affiliate page explicitly says you can.
Everything else was pretty much the same. I took maybe 10-15 minutes to change up some of these variables on the page and that’s it.
Part 3: Ads, keywords and extensions overview
Next, we looked at the exact ads, keywords and extensions that I used for this case study.
Confused about the new Microsoft Ads interface?
It was nothing special – regular ads with the same format I always teach you to use in all my videos.
The main keyword in headline 1, call to action in headline 2, and description.
If you want more details on how to set up a campaign from start to finish, I’d suggest you take a look at my Microsoft Ads course on my site:
But I just made some ads for 3 separate ad groups, added relevant keywords, and added ad extensions to make the ads stand out more.
The “tooth pain” ad group definitely got the highest CTR and most amount of clicks, so we definitely needed to put more emphasis on the landing page for that ad group.
But let’s move on to the last part of this ClickBank case study + optimization tutorial.
Part 4: Optimization
This is where we look at the data and decide what we want to remove and keep.
Not sure how to set up and use ClickMagick Campaigns? Take a look at this article:
Looking at the search term data, it’s obvious majority of clicks were coming from the “relieve tooth pain” side.
And our landing page didn’t mention that AT ALL unless you scroll half-way down the page!
I would ideally create 3 separate landing pages entirely – one for tooth pain relief, one for tooth decay treatment, and one for getting rid of bad breath.
That would definitely yield better results than just having one generic landing page for everything.
We went down the list of keywords and added anything irrelevant as negative keywords – words such as “quick” or “fast” or “instant” because our product doesn’t offer an instant cure.
We also went into our Microsoft Ads account and paused all the keywords with no impressions or no clicks.
Lastly, we added a single keyword ad group for the keyword that got us the sale.
And that’s the ClickBank case study + optimization tutorial!
👉 Like my Facebook page!